What is an Asbestos Management Program?
· A system used to control asbestos hazards in the workplace
· Aims to prevent workers and others from being exposed to asbestos
· Provides information on hazards and controls
· Outlines employee responsibilities and safe work procedures
· Includes the Asbestos Inventory
What is the Asbestos Inventory?
· A document that is legally required by Sections 6.4-6.6 of the WorkSafeBC regulations
· It lists all known, presumed, and suspect asbestos-containing material in the workplace
· Includes sample details such as location; type and percentage of asbestos; condition
· States materials that must be considered asbestos-containing based on sample results
· Lists other materials that are suspected to contain asbestos but haven’t been sampled
Purpose of an Inventory
· To comply with WorkSafeBC Regulations (See Overview on Asbestos Legislation)
· To speed up renovations and reduce costs
· To inform building managers of asbestos hazards and liabilities in their building
· To record sampling, abatement, and renovation activities
EcoHazMat can generate specific pre-renovation reports from a fully comprehensive inventory; saving the time and costs associated with a site visit for sampling, sample analysis, and reporting.